MAIN TRAINING QUARTERS - HARRISON AVENUE FIRE STATION
During Billy Irwin’s tenure as Leadville Fire Chief (1907-1909) the main training quarters for the boxing matches that he promoted were at Leadville’s main fire station on Harrison Avenue.
In this picture taken circa 1907-1909 the Harrison Avenue Fire Station is shown directly behind the two white horses. On the fire wagon and in the background are some of Leadville’s turn of the century firemen. Fire Chief Irwin is seated on the wagon in the middle between two fellow firemen.